What we do
We offer a lively programme of activities for adults with disabilities and learning difficulties including skills for independent living and work.
Camtrust operates in a real workplace
- The premises are fully accessible and wheelchair friendly
- Specialist equipment such as adjustable desks, computer joysticks and rollerballs for adult with disabilities are available
- A diverse range of activities, ranging from cookery to IT and drama
- Activities are led by qualified and experienced staff in small supported groups
- The atmosphere is caring and inclusive
- Camtrust enjoys excellent transport links, we are close to J32 of the A14 and easily accessible via the Guided Bus and the Citi8 bus. Free parking is available on site.
The Camtrust Programme
A broad programme of activities focussed on independent living and work-based activities.
- Healthy eating and safe food handling
- Personal care
- Internet safety
- Money management
- Health and well-being
- IT skills
- Office administration
- Reception skills
- Customer service skills
As well as music, drama, games and more!
‘It is brilliant coming to Camtrust. I enjoy doing everything’ – Oliver, 15/01/ 2018
- We are open 48 weeks a year
- We are closed for two weeks over the Christmas and Easter period and all Bank Holidays
- We offer full day sessions from 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
- We offer half day sessions from 9.30 am – 12.30 pm or 12.30 pm – 3.30 pm
- The daily fee is £50 for a full day
Come and visit us or call us on 01223 236786 to arrange a free taster day
At Camtrust one of our aims is to offer a lively programme of activities for our clients that aim to promote and encourage learning the skills needed for independent living and work. Our diverse range of activities are led by qualified and experienced staff in small supported groups. The Camtrust Programme is a broad programme of activities which are focussed on independent living and work-based activities to promote and active and independent lifestyle.
One of our activities aimed to promote the learning of new skills and abilities is our bike workshop which runs Monday to Thursday. One of our own staff members Len runs this for the students with the aim to teach new and practical skills. The programme was funded by the Mrs Smith and Mount Trust who awarded Camtrust with a grant to help fund these practical activities.
After the clients and staff fix the donated bikes we then put them out the front of Camtrust to sell and raise money for the charity. All of our clients thoroughly enjoy going to the bike workshop to learn how to fix the bikes and having an active part in helping the fundraising for Camtrust.